Friday, September 16, 2005

Who are you?

I've just completed my profile. How are you supposed to condense into 1200 characters what God gives you a whole lifetime to work out? Still, it is worth a try.

But I am feeling a little antsy and irritable today and I wonder how much of that has coloured my first attempt so here is an alternative.

I am a person created for relationship, of great destiny, promise, purpose and future. I need not apologise, criticise, defend or justify, just laugh, love and live. I am the only version of me there will ever be.

I have a shared context with other people, who are equally fascinating, valuable and worth knowing and interacting with. I share with them in the life that is uniquely theirs. I am in a world pregnant with opportunity and fraught with paradox, faultlines and vulnerability.

That's me. It's somewhat generic but hey ho. It's a trustworthy saying.

No comments: