Thursday, September 29, 2005

What goes round, comes round

When pastoral visiting, you go to give but invariably end up just as encouraged yourself, especially when visiting older folk. I shall have to get used to tea and biscuits.

I heard tonight someone was minding their p's and q's around me because I was "like a vicar". That was a little odd: a total stranger changing their behaviour around me because I was 'in ministry.' That's something to get my head around. When did I change into a different person?

Someone once said, 'If you are called into the ministry, don't stoop to being President of the United States.' Quite right.

2 comments:

jwkoncape said...

I accept your challenge, sir, although I may take a wile to accomplish it. Having done a little bit of pastoral counseling myself, I can relate to your posts.

Tim Rice said...

I love your quote,'If you are called into the ministry, don't stoop to being President of the United States.' Remembering to keep the right perspective on life is key but can be oh so difficult at times.

Thanks for all your posts. A number of them remind me that humor is good therapy.