Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Kill it, Cook it, Eat it

...is a fascinating programme on BBC3 showing how animals are taken, slaughtered and butchered. It seems that all is done in a humane way although you could easily imagine that once the cameras are switched off they may not be so thorough in their treatment. But actually I found it very reassuring. Tonight it was time for the silence of the lambs. The presenter hasn't been great at asking enquiring questions and as such has been a little irritating. However, he almost completely redeemed himself when he sat down next to the lamb farmer, having tasted one part of the lamb's remains being offered to the audience and said to the farmer, "It seems as if people can't get enough of your testicles." Oh, how I laughed. The only trouble is I have hurt my back so I couldn't laugh in such a way as to move it, but that only seemed to make me laugh louder and longer.

No comments: